teamTKO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about training for Lobo

2 posters

Go down

Question about training for Lobo Empty Question about training for Lobo

Post  Baoy Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:48 pm

hey adam,

about ur training layout. 2 hard sessions, 2 light sessions, and 1 medium a week right? you think 2 hard sessions is enuf to maintain conditioning. Pro boxers i hear do intervals everymorning, followed by training in the evening (skill, pads, bags, sparring).

I'm trying to find a good way to balance myself here. I'm often chosy about which trainer i work with and what i do each day. They tend to just burn out on pads everytimes, i dun know if that's efficient at all.

hm...it's funny cuz whenever isaac or myself take a day off, they would be like "you guys sick?" I'm like no, we need a break just sore...they don't understand the meaning of recovery.
Baoy
Baoy
Admin

http://www.teamtko.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Question about training for Lobo Empty Training

Post  Adam Lob Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi Baoy,

Hope you guys are having a good time and looks like it on the blog. I think you said it with "i'm trying to find a good way to balance". I think it depends on what you're doing on the heavy days and how much of a burn out occurs. I agree with the interval running in the morning but keep in mind if it is a heavy day of pad work and sparring then I would run a light day and on the light pad days run hard in the morning. I also think that you will need adequate rest and the light training days are going to be needed after a hard work out. Looking at a schedule mixing the heavy, medium, light, days I would suggest something like this.
heavy, light , off, medium, heavy, light, off.

The burning out on pads every time portion is probably going to break you eventually with over training pending on how many times you do it a week. If you did that 3 times a week with rest in between and eating lots you might be able to get away with it for a while.

Hope you guys learn lots.

Lobo

Adam Lob

Back to top Go down

Question about training for Lobo Empty Re: Question about training for Lobo

Post  Baoy Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:07 pm

actually my regime is exactly that right now..

heavy, light , off, medium, heavy, light, off.

monday- heavy,
tues - light
weds - off
thurs- medium
fri - heavy
sat - light
sun - break

i do think you need rest here, sleep is super important since nutrition is not all that great...

i thnk that's why a lot of fighters here aren't really motivated..because it gets really repetitive..some of the thais dun really even train for their fights and smoke and drink the day off...then there are some who dun do anything but train all day everyday.

i'm guessing it builds mental toughness but physically it's counter productive i think

heavy day for me would constitute sprints or 3min drills in the morning since the rest of the day is constant training..i try to avoid too many burnouts.
Baoy
Baoy
Admin

http://www.teamtko.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Question about training for Lobo Empty training

Post  Lobo Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:56 pm

Awesome bro ....keep me updated on how it works for you.

Lobo

Lobo

Back to top Go down

Question about training for Lobo Empty Re: Question about training for Lobo

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down