teamTKO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting back into the training.

2 posters

Go down

Getting back into the training. Empty Getting back into the training.

Post  OdinThe2nd Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Something that I am face with right now, and I'm sure a lot of people have faced more times than once. Getting back into training.
The key here I think, is to resist every urge u have to go all-out. Even after your first couple of work-outs. Now I find, is the best time to work on your basics, after all, we have all heard pros and coaches say, "Keep it simple, go back to basics". Often going back to the basics, and who can perform them the best, is what results in a positive outcome for that person.
Other tips I find that help are, Know that there will always be another day. Use each day as a stepping stone for your next day. This way it gives you a plan(also a good thing to maximize results).
Training a partner. This provides a good boost by having someone to get results from. It gets you moving, not necessarily at your own pace, and helps out another with there techniques. What better way to give yourself motivation, than by being motivation for someone else.
All in all, coming back into training(from whatever reason ie. sick, work, lazy), I think should be an easy-going thing. The first couple will be hard, but it only gets easier. And don't worry, it will come back, all it takes is time.

OdinThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Getting back into the training. Empty Re: Getting back into the training.

Post  Baoy Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:58 pm

i totally agree. sometimes it feels like you aren't training hard if you don't physically push urself, but this isn't true. practicing Foundation and Basics like you said is just as important, especially for the long term.
Baoy
Baoy
Admin

http://www.teamtko.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down